Friday, April 4, 2008

Proud Turtle Owners




The boys have been wanting some kind of pet for awhile. Austin & Ryland were working on making a dog house, really hoping that their parents would cave in and get them a dog. No luck, so they quit making the dog house. Our cousins and friends the Loves, got 4 turtles. Our boys decided this would be great. Both parents agreed since they are low maintenance. Dave Love was able to get us 3 turtles for free from his friend. So here they are- Squirt(Ry's), Rose(Coop's), & I am not sure what Simonton's named their turtle. The kids made the turtles home out of whatever supplies they could find around. They did a good job.

2 comments:

Adriane said...

Way to go giving your boys a pet. I hear you about the dog thing. I think it would be like having another child in a way. We had a bunny rabbit, but it's gone. We think we'll try getting another bunny when my baby is grown up, but turtles are easy! Mmmm....maybe a turtle would be better.

Marcie said...

Hayden has been begging for a pet since our fish died months ago. I could do a turtle.

Especially if it had the luxury resort yours do. Will Ryland build me one?