Friday, April 4, 2008

April Fool's Day



We have known we wanted to play this April Fool's joke on the Simonton's for almost a year. Yeah, the day was finally here. My friend Michelle Rigby found a rooster for me and one for her. She played this joke on her neighbor (The Loves') a few years ago. She wanted to do it again to someone. I met her at 10:15 Monday night (March 31st) to get the Rooster. I didn't want to touch the thing so she was nice enough to put it in the dog kennel for me. Then about 11:15 Cannon took it over to Simonton's patio so it would be right by their bedroom window. Well it worked, 4:45 on April Fool's day the rooster started Cock-a-doodle-dooing. Yes, we got awakened too, but it was well worth it. They were good sports and just started laughing. Tom Forese got word on this, so he wanted the Rooster. He played the trick on several people that night & had fun with it. Unfortunately about midnight, he decided to return the rooster to us and placed it by the boys window. It did not wake me up, but did wake up Ryland at 5:45 am the next morning. Ryland said let's take it to someones house. At this point I was actually feeling sorry for the Rooster being dropped off everywhere, but it had to make one last stop at the Forese's house. It woke them about 6:45 am and they started laughing. We all had fun with the Rooster. Kirk Williams now has decided he wants to keep it, lucky Shari. Now we will just have to see what next April Fool's day brings!!!

1 comment:

Adriane said...

That was hilarious! I read it to my kids, we all had a great laugh! We have all kinds of roosters around here. I know just the friends we're going to try this on! Good idea.