Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July


The Scout Bear (aka Dallas Thompson) with Colter



The Float Drivers
Bryson & Kenady


What would you think about a parade in 112 degree weather? I know it sounds crazy, but it actually is tons of fun. My neighbor told me about this after we moved in last year, that we had to be in town for the 4th of July. Our neighborhood Seville does a parade and that it is so fun. I can tell you that after doing it last year and again this year, it is a blast. Of course we do a water float with a few neighbors, so we stay cool and we are kind enought to cool off all the spectators and other floats too. We all love it. We decorate the float the night before and then the kids get painted up in the morning. After getting soaked at the parade, we swim and eat at the Simontons for more fun. This is proof that 4th of July in Gilbert, Arizona is great. Look at these cute kids!!!

3 comments:

Kristy Martin said...

I'm sad we missed it again! We're out of town, and last year we were too new and didn't know it was going on. I think we'll be there for sure next year! It looks like so much fun-I love the pictures.

Unknown said...

If we ever have to stay down here in the beautiful valley for the fourth of July we wanna join you, but until then - MB, CA???

Adriane said...

Tiffany, what a fun fun time. I need to start a parade in our neighborhood, except it's so hilly that the water would spill out of the pool, but maybe we can try! How fun! Your kids and their friends look darling.